Home   |   Sitemap   |   Login
Search :
About Us   Milestones
 
October 2012
Inauguration of Computer Laboratory in Library Building :Chief Guest, Hon'ble Mr. Prithviraj Chavan Chief Minister Maharashtra.
June 2012
MCA (Commerce) course of University of Pune was launched
December 2010
Additional Grant of Rs. 50 Lacs received from UGC under CPE Scheme
Sept 2010
Dr. C.N.Rawal took over the charge as Principal.
2008- 2009
Construction of Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla Conference Hall.
2008 - 2009
Construction of new building with classrooms and a computer laboratory for professional and regular courses.
2007 - 2008
Permanent Affiliation to PG. Courses in M.Com.
2007 - 2008
Started BCA, PGDIB and PGDIT Courses affiliated to University of Pune.
2006 - 2007
Completed computerisation of Library, Inaugurated PNG Language Lab and Maitree Audio-Visual Hall.
2005 - 2006
Establishment of Prin. D. G. Karve Chair in Economics, Banking and Commerce. BBA, BFT and PGDBF courses started.
2004 - 2005
Internal Quality Assurance cell (IQAC) was established.
18th March 2005
Diamond Jubilee Celebration, Chief Guest: Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister, Guest of Honour: Shri. Sharad Pawar, Union Minister for Agriculture, Shri. S.M. Krishna, Govt, of Maharahstra, Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, Chief Minister Maharashtra State, Dr. Arun Nigawekar Chairman UGC, Dr. Ashok Kolaskar, VC University of Pune
10th Feb. 2005
'Best Principal Award' from University of Pune was Received by Prin. A. B. Deshpande.
Sept. 2004
College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) Status conferred by UGC.
6th & 7th Dec.04
National level seminar on GATS IMPACT INDIA.
March 2004
'Best NSS Unit Award' was given by the University of Pune.
2003 - 2004
New Center of guidance for FY. External Students on behalf of DES was started.
2002 - 2003
Establishment of UGC Network Resources Center from 2003-04.
2002 - 2003
The college has been accredited with A' Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, (NAAC), Bangalore for next five year.
2002 - 2003
Independent, official web site www.bmcc.ac.in launched.
2002 - 2003
Inauguration of Ladies Common Room constructed from the UGC Grant & donation from Shri. AT. Doshi
2002 - 2003
UGC approved Vocational Course in Tax Procedure & Practices and the Remedial Course for backward students.
2001 - 2002
'Best College Award' (As second from the Colleges in Urban area) under Quality Improvement Programme of the University of Pune was received.
2001 - 2002
'UGC Heritage Grant' of Rs. 7,00,000/- was received under which Computers & books were purchased.
2001 - 2002
First Batch of Autonomous Courses under CGA BMTRC.
2001 - 2002
Construction of ladies Common Room1 from UGC Grant & Donation from Shri. A. T. Doshi.
2000 - 2001
State level 'Best College Magazine Award' from Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishtan, Mumbai was received
2000-2001
Started publication of In house students Journals. Think Track, Artha Vichar, Vanijya Vichar and Staff Academy Journal - We share.....
10th Feb, 2001 ' Best Teacher in Commerce Award ' of the University of Pune was received by Dr. S.R. Kandalgaonkar.
2nd August 98
Inauguration of the new building and CGA BMRTC Project by Shri Sharad Pawar ( Leader of the Opposition Loksabha ).Shri Ram Naik (Union State Minister for Railways) and Dr. Arun Nigvekar (Vice Chancellor, University of Pune,) were the Chief Guests of the function.
June 96 UGC Vocational Course in Computer Applications started.
June 96 Computer Laboratory started in the New Building.
July 95 Prof. A. B. Deshpande took over as Principal
13th Feb. 94
Main Function of the Golden Jubilee. Chief Guest : Shri. Sharad Pawar, the then Chief Minister, Maharashtra.
1993-94 Golden Jubilee year
22nd Feb. 1987
M. Phil. (Commerce) Programme entrusted to our College by the University of Pune.
1982 - 83
An annexe consisting of eight classrooms constructed : Inauguration by Shri. Sharad Pawar,the then Chief Minister, Maharashtra.
1977-1978 Junior College Classes started.
1974 to 1994 Principal Dr. C. G. Vaidya.
25 th Nov. 1973 Inauguration of the New Library Building by Shri. N. A. Palkhivala.
1970-71
The Pittie Hall constructed out of the donation of Rs. 25,000 given by Shri. Nandalalji Pittie in the memory of his father late Shri. Mukundlalji Pittie.
1968-69
The Silver Jubilee of the College. Shri. L. K. Zha, the then Governor, the Reserve Bank of India, Chief Guest at the Main Function.
1966-1974 Principal Dr. N. K. Kulkarni.
1958-1966 Principal N. A. Mavlankar
11th Jan. 1953
The new Building formally declared open by Shri. Rama Rau, the then Governor, the Reserve Bank of India.
1953 J. N. Tata Hall constructed : Donation of Rs. 50.000 /- from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
26th May 1951
The corner stone of the new college building laid at the hands of Dr. John Mathai (The then Finance Minister, Govt. of India)
1950 - 1958 Principal Dr. T. M. Joshi
1949-1950 Principal S. V. Kogekar.
11th Nov. 1944
The Naming Ceremony performed by Sir Chintamanrao Deshmukh, the then Governor, the Reserve Bank of India. BMCC donated Rs. 2 lakhs from Brihan Maharashtra Sugar Syndicate brought by late Shri. C. G. Agashe.
24th July 1943 Formal inauguration of the College at the hands of Sir Ardeshir Dalal.
20th June 1943
The College of Commerce (later BMCC) started in the Amphi theatre of the Fergusson College. Prin. D. G. Karve : First Principal (1943-1949).